What Are the Precautions for Using Thermal Grease?
- Posted on：2023-05-30 14:17:00
- Source：AOK Thermal Pad Manufacturer FAQs
Thermal grease, also known as thermal compound or thermal paste, thermal grease is a thermal interface material used in electronic devices. It's main function is to fill the tiny gap between the processor and the heat sink, thereby improving the efficiency of heat transfer. Electronic equipment generates a lot of heat during operation. If the heat cannot be dissipated in a timely and effective manner, it will lead to overheating, performance degradation or even damage to the equipment.
Thermal grease also requires proper storage and handling to avoid contamination, leakage, drying out, or losing its effectiveness. Here are some best practices and tips for storing and handling thermal grease safely.
1. Thermal grease must be used on a clean surface. Before use, make sure the surface is free of dust, grease, or other impurities, as these may affect the performance of the thermal grease.
2. When using thermal grease, a sufficient amount must be used. Using insufficient thermal grease can lead to poor heat dissipation, which can cause the device to overheat.
3. Thermal grease should be spread evenly on the heat sink or other chips. If the thermal grease is unevenly distributed, it can also cause poor heat dissipation.
4. Thermal grease should be replaced regularly. Thermal grease that has been used for a long time may lose its effectiveness, reducing thermal performance.
5. Before using thermal grease, please read the product manual carefully and follow the instructions on the manual.
The use of thermal grease can help reduce the temperature of the processor and improve the stability and life of the device. At the same time, the thermal grease can also fill the uneven surface between the processor and the radiator, reduce the impact of air flow on heat dissipation, and improve the heat dissipation effect.
If you would like to learn more about AOK performance thermal materials, please visit our website at www.aok-technologies.com.