Thermally Conductive Material Focus on Providing Excellent Thermal Conductivity for High-Energy Batteries
- Posted on：2022-12-14 14:44:00
- Source：AOK Thermal Pad Manufacturer Industry News
The rapid development of electric vehicles in the world, especially the cruising range that people worried about in the early stage, has been greatly improved, and the anxiety of users in daily travel has also been alleviated.
However, in winter, especially in the cold regions, electric vehicles will still experience obvious performance degradation, battery capacity attenuation, and cruising range shrinkage in low-temperature environments.
Operating temperature range of lithium batteries is -20℃ ~ 60℃. In a low temperature environment, the cruising range of electric vehicles will be significantly reduced, and even more than half of the mileage will be lost.
The thermal management system is in charge of how the battery heats up. Simply put, the thermal management system means that the battery pack will generate heat during the charging and discharging process due to factors such as discharge efficiency, internal resistance, and external environment. charging, so we need to manage the thermal system of the battery pack, dissipate the useless heat, and heat the battery pack before charging at low temperature.
Thermally conductive material solutions focus on providing excellent thermal conductivity for high-energy batteries, thereby enhancing the overall performance of the battery.
For the battery pack thermal solution we consider below factor:
• Thickness: The flatness of the contact surface between the liquid cooling plate and the module is <0.5mm, and the thermal pad can be selected as 1mm or 1.5mm.
• Thermal conductivity: Commonly used thermal conductivity is 1~2W/(m·K).
• Compressive stress: The thermal pad should have a certain compressibility, the general compression ratio is 25%~35%, and the compressive stress is mainly related to liquid cooling.
• Cost: Minimize thermal pad cost when thickness, thermal conductivity, and compressive stress meet design requirements.
If you would like to learn more about AOK performance thermal materials, please visit our website at www.aok-technologies.com.